Sunday, November 1

Smells like summer to me..

A friend said this, she could smell fresh mown grass..
Smells like summer here too.. smoke.

Neighbors are burning off, and we have a small fire in the area.  Not bad for the 2nd day of the fire season.  I have a niggling feeling that this summer is going to be hard.  Emotionally hard for sure, but also bad for fires. 

Its hasn't been an easy autumn or winter.  We have cut an lot of trees down that are close to the house.  They are now split and stacked for firewood.  We have burnt huge bonfires of leaves and branches.  Fire pump is permanently hooked into our main water supply, we have more long fire hoses.  Replaced all the garden hoses with them, makes it quick to water the garden ;)

I've been working, knitting, camping, gardening and much more.  I may even blog about it sometime soon.
After all the stress of summer is a very small part of my life.  Promise!

No comments: