Monday, December 21

Negativity

breeds..

My Gran never, and l mean never, says bad things about anyone.  She will find something nice to say about them, or holds her tongue. 
I love and admire her for it.

Me, l've got in the habit of not only seeing, but gossiping about the negative qualities of some people.  And it has to stop.  The more you talk about it, the more you see it and the more you see it, the harder it is to see anything good in someone.

My mum is always negative and its turning her into a really sour person, not nice to be around.  I certainly do NOT want to be like my mother.

I want to be like Gran.  She is a feisty woman, not shy about sharing her opinion, is as self sufficient and self reliant as you can be at 80 with a fake knee and failing eye sight.  She is the ultimate girls scout, always prepared.  And she is nice, to people and animals and to be around.

1 comment:

Sue said...

It's easy to be negative though. It's hard to look past flaws, I think we're somehow bred to notice them. Something to do with trying to claw our way to the top of the pack LOL!